Wednesday 1 March 2017

Eroticon 2017 - London

My name is Scarlett Flame and you can find me here on twitter



What are you hoping to get out of Eroticon 2017?

I want to learn about any number of subjects connected to writing and publication. This seems an amazing place to learn all this. Networking with others is integral to all this. As an ex-nurse, and Health Visitor, I am very aware of the usefulness of networking.

The principles of blogging, promotion, presenting a bid to publish with a publisher. The list goes on. I am also looking forward to meeting up with all the other authors, and bloggers. Although, a number of them are already good friends of mine. Be it in person, or through social networks, such as Facebook and twitter.

This years schedule at Eroticon is pretty full on but which 4 sessions do you already have marked down as ones you want to attend?

There are SO many I am interested in attending. The ones I have earmarked though are firstly - From Hero to Zero - in order to understand more of the principles of setting up a website/blog. Although I have two blogs and a website, I am also a bit of a technophobe. Struggling at times.

The second on my must attend list is Obscene Text: Free Speech and the Written Word - Myles Jackman. I think with all the tightening up of legislation regarding erotic writing, it is surely better to know how not to run fowl of the law!

Third session is Hands On Rope Workshop: Djfet, just because I love rope so much! That's it really. Shibari and Kinkabu fascinates me. I love to watch the interaction between the person being tied, and the rigger tying them.

The last of my must watch/ must attend sessions is Pitching 101: learn to sell your ideas - Girl on the Net. Basically because without an income coming in to the house, I wouldn't be able to carry on writing seriously. This involves being able to sell your products. The fruit of your labour, so to say. I love, love, love to write but, I also love to eat and maintain my home.

This is not to say I won't be entralled, intersted and intrigued by all the sessions available  to participate in.

 Tell us one thing about yourself that not many people know?

That is a hard one. I have given away SO many of my secrets over the years in my blog posts, and interviews.

Perhaps it is that I would love to have been a professional singer. I love to sing, and used to be in a number of amateur dramactic groups over the years. I acted, and sang, in an amateur fashion.

I am not too bad apparently as I once managed to come second in a Karaoke contest. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

If you made the papers, what would the headline be?

Ha ha I have already made the headlines in my local paper when I was going to run for Council. I wanted to represent the local community. Our councillors were and for the most part still are, a bunch of people that basically only knew how to toe the party line!

The results were a headline basically proclaiming that I wrote erotica, as if I had no other skills to offer. I was an ex-nurse, Health Visitor and mother, much longer than I have been a writer. But. all they were interested in, was a headline to sell papers. Sad really. I decided that I would pull out of the election. Being bullied by others who didn't like me going up against the local councillors helped me to make that decision. People can be so short-sighted.

If you could have one skill for free (I.e. without practice/time/effort) what would it be?

I would love to be able to transfer my time-management skills as a nurse, to my ability to write. I am a dreadful procrastinator. I go on Facebook, or twitter, then get stuck. I know I am not the only one though.

If I could transfer those skills I would have hundreds of books under my belt by now.


Complete the sentence: I love it when…   

I get to make new friends and learn. I am a perpetual student, having attended three different universities ove the years. 

To see who else has responded, go to the Eroticon webpage and visit the others. 


Love n stuff

Scarlett

xXx











I











4 comments:

  1. If there was an Olympic sport for procrastinating I bet I could give you a run for your money!

    Really looking forward to meeting you at the weekend

    mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly, look forward to meeting you too

    Scarlett
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great intro made me smile, hope we hear you sing over the weekend unless you procrastinate too much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha well more than likely when I have had a bit too much red wine or tequila! Not sure I will remember the words though, or make much sense.

      Delete

★.•**•.★ NEW RELEASE ALERT ★.•**•.★ Be My Queen by Chelsea McDonald is now LIVE!

★.•**•.★  NEW RELEASE ALERT  ★.•**•.★  Be My Queen by Chelsea McDonald is now LIVE! Series: The Crown Duet, Book 2 G...