Monday 13 May 2013

Beautiful Blogger & HUG Blog also review of Dry Live at Manchester & Puppet Rebellion

I was recently tagged for a blog named the Beautiful Blogger & HUG Blog nomination by Vanessa Wester - thank you Vee  ;)


Now then those that I nominate are under no obligation to take up these awards




The Rules:


1 >> Copy and place the Beautiful Blogger Award in your post.

2>>Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog

3>>Tell 7 things about yourself.

4>>Nominate 7 fellow Bloggers, tell them by posting a comment on their Blog.


NOW to reveal 7 fascinating things about ME:

1>>I love the colour scarlet! (surprise, surprise!lol)

2>> I really DO have long auburn hair and blue eyes. That is not a myth!

3>>I enjoy live music (if you have listened to me playing DJ on Twitter you may already have guessed that one.)

4>>I love to eat out, especially with my girlfriends.

5>>I absolutely love Bon Jovi ( I am going to watch them in concert on the 8th June in Manchester.)

6>>My favourite television programme is currently Game of Thrones. I also hope one day my novels will be made into a series for telly! Hope you are listening HBO lol.

7>>One of my new goals in life is to be able learn how to make my novels and stories into a working script. (Scriptwriters beware I have ambitions!!)


Now my victims erm oopsy what I meant to say is my nominees:
















The HUG Award© was initiated by Connie Wayne at A Hope for Today, which promotes hope, love, peace, equality, and unity for all people.

The HUG Award© is for people with an expectant desire for the world, for which they: Hope for Love; Hope for Freedom; Hope for Peace; Hope for Equality; Hope for Unity; Hope for Joy and Happiness; Hope for Compassion and Mercy; Hope for Faith; Hope for Wholeness and Wellness; Hope for Prosperity; Hope for Ecological Preservation; Hope for Oneness

This award also:
- recognises and honours those who help keep hope alive in our current world, which is plagued by war, natural disasters, and economic recession. They nurture hope, in any of the above areas (in italics), by the work they do, or in their personal lives with things such as blogging, public speaking, charity work, etc.
- is for people who, without giving up or compromising their own religious, spiritual, or political beliefs, are able to nurture hope and respect the dignity of all people.
- is for those who, without bias or prejudice, use their resources and gifts to make the world a better place for everyone.
- is for people who have a hope or an expectant desire that the work or talents they use in things such as blogging, public speaking, charity work, etc., will make a positive impact on the world.






Band Review for PUPPET REBELLION and The Dry Live
Myself and a couple of girlfriends recently attended a gig  that we were invited along to by the band Puppet Rebellion at the Dry Bar, Manchester.
Four bands actually played on this night and they were:
Puppet Rebellion were playing their first live gig on this night the 6th April 2013. This was at the Dry Bar on Oldham Street, Manchester. The Dry Bar is a very popular venue in Manchester and well worth a visit.
I met the band initially on Twitter, as I like to follow, and promote new bands and singers when I can. Especially, I might add, bands from Manchester (where I live.) Needless to say I wasn't too sure about the band as I had only heard a demo track they had sent me on Twitter.
The track is The greatest Lie Ever Told:

 







Well, on the night all the bands were fantastic and made the gig memorable. We even had photos taken with members of  the different bands and given demo discs. The outstanding band of the night for us, was definitely Puppet Rebellion.

As this was to be their first live gig I didn't expect the polished performance we experienced first hand. The band played together as if they had been playing for years as such. They were certainly the Jewel in  the Crown for us. So much so, that we have placed an order for 3 tickets to the next gig we are able to attend in August, and look forward to doing so.


 There was a fantastic atmosphere
in the Dry Live Venue. More people need to come along and experience live music in this fashion.

I urge you to look out for local (and not so local) Indie bands and bands in general and offer your support.






The Ruckus are a band from Halifax. Slydigs are a four piece Rock & Roll from Warrington and the other two bands were both Manchester bands.



Puppet Rebellion has other live gigs coming up they are;

Tues 4th June at Sound Control, Manchester

Fri 14 June at Friars Court in Warrington

Sat 6th July Dry Bar, Manchester

Fri 16th August at The Castle Hotel in Manchester


Don't be shy because I have provided links to all the bands web pages and there you will find more information and contact details for all the bands on Twitter and Facebook too


I recently undertook a Guest Blog For Skelat outlining my novel and also with an exclusive excerpt from the upcoming first book The Prophecy Unfolds (Dragon Queen) I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

★.•**•.★ NEW RELEASE ALERT ★.•**•.★ Be My Queen by Chelsea McDonald is now LIVE!

★.•**•.★  NEW RELEASE ALERT  ★.•**•.★  Be My Queen by Chelsea McDonald is now LIVE! Series: The Crown Duet, Book 2 G...